Can you believe that it’s already October? Camp has been over for two months! If you’re campsick (like we are!), check out the videos below, our debrief from camp, and what we’re doing now in the off-season.
The last part of the two-week experience was so much fun!
Camp is all about singing together. Check out some of our songs below, including our revived alma mater, “By Cedarbrook’s Shining Waters”:
What happened at camp this summer?
So much! Here is just a glimpse, shown through our numbers:
- 466 camper weeks
- 115 new campers
- 63 two-week experience campers
- 15 girls accepted Christ
- 6 CILT IIs, 4 CILT 1s
- 24 Adventure Trippers
- 82 Mother/Daughters
- 25 Father/Daughters
- 39 summer volunteers
- 42 total staff members
- 12 new staff members
But numbers only show a part of what happens during the summer. Here are some other details:
- We had such a great staff this summer! In fact, many people said that it was the strongest group that we’ve had in years.
- The Two-Week Experience allowed for a more meaningful experience and deeper relationships between campers and staff.
- Our new Friday night candle ceremony honored campers and staff for their years at camp and also gave campers the space to share what they learned.
- Financially, we are solvent. We are debt-free and are more financially stable than we have been in many years.
What did parents say? Here are some quotes from parents who sent their daughters to camp this summer:
“My daughter described her Cedarbrook experience as the best week of her life!! She loved all of the new experiences– including her newfound passion for kayaking, she was overjoyed to make great new friends, and she asks to do family devotionals at night with pows, wows and Holy cows! Her faith and confidence have clearly grown, and we feel so blessed that her time at Cedarbrook was so positive!”
“It’s amazing! She is allowed to be herself in a world that constantly tells her that [she’s] not good enough or to change. She then goes to camp and is around these amazing women who show her and tell her that it’s OK to be yourself because God wonderfully made you. She needs to hear that more.”
Thanks to everyone for your kind words about camp. We strongly believe that camp should be an important part of any girl’s life!
What are we doing now? Camp doesn’t end with the summer! Here are some updates from the off-season:
- The Cedarbrook Fall Festival is coming up soon on October 15th! We welcome all alumnae and their families to Bethlehem Church in Randolph, NJ, for a day of family, friends, music, and food!
- We are planning visits to churches, girls’ clubs, youth groups, camp fairs, and homeschool conferences.
- Amy and Megan will be attending the Christian Camp and Conference Association National Conference in Nashville, TN.
- We are planning exciting events for Summer 2017, including new activities for the two-week experience.
Stay Tuned! In the coming weeks, you’ll hear about our vision for camp, an update from Insider Mom, and more!
We are looking forward to the next year, and we hope that you will join with us in our journey!