How has Cedarbrook impacted my life? Here’s a list of random thoughts.
1. Goofy songs to teach to my children
2. A little dust and dirt isn’t going to kill anyone, including my 18 month son, here or in Asia
3. Flexibility–how to keep going when things aren’t going as you planned
4. Leadership skills (CILT) that can be applied to many situations on the mission field. Part of this is practical–how to plan and carry out activities. Part of this is servant leadership. My daughter, Lauren and I have talked a lot about how this is lived and breathed at Cedarbrook, whereas in other settings it’s only talk. And maybe tied in with this, I learned at camp to place high value on the uniqueness and to be sensitive to the needs of individuals and work with them accordingly.
5. To be obedient to God’s calling, whether I feel up to the task or not
6. Bible study skills and the vital importance of daily time with God
7. How faith impacts every area of life. Seeing women live out their faith with integrity. Learning to see discipleship not as a “to do” check list but a ‘walking along side’ and spiritual growth as a lifelong journey.
8. Lasting relationships that continue to encourage me in my faith
9. An appreciation of nature and creation
Missionary to Taiwan