A few weeks ago, we gave you a glimpse into what this summer looked like: an amazing staff, awesome campers, new programs, and a lot of fun.
This week, we want to talk about what’s going to happen next.
So, where are we going?
At the end of the camp season, we invited our partners and alumni to a Vision Breakfast, where we discussed just that. Here are some of our thoughts.
- This year, we had 16 counselors (four per division); we would like to hire 20 cabin and tent counselors next summer. An increase in staff numbers would allow us to accept more campers.
- In addition, we would like to increase our staff salaries. Many staff members work at camp because they love it, but an increase in pay would show our appreciation for all the hard work that they do.
- We have begun to organize our list of repairs, improvements, and annual replacements of facilities. We are also looking for people to help us plan strategically for the future.
- Wilderness Trips are an important part of our programming, and we want to continue to expand it. We believe that experiencing the wilderness is an integral part of becoming a strong woman of God. It is especially important in today’s world, where so many girls don’t get to spend much time in the outdoors.
- We want to keep updating our sailboats, our ropes course, our archery and riflery equipment, and our other programs.
- Our Two-Week Experience was a hit with campers and staff, and we want to continue to run it in the future. It allowed girls to expand and improve their skills and relationships.
- For the past few summers, we have used every penny toward the basics for the next summer. This has left no room for an emergency fund or for planning for the future. As we grow, we can begin to build on our success with a stronger investment and strategic plan.
How are we going to get there? And what can I do to help?
Glad you asked! Camp was built by volunteers, and we cannot do this without you!
- Word-of-mouth is so important in recruiting new campers and staff. You can become a camp champion!
- Tell other families about us. Spread the word that you (or your daughter) had a great time at camp, and you want others to experience it!
- Help us partner with your church. You can represent us in your church and bring us to present at your youth group or girls’ group.
- Host a camp night at your home! Invite friends and family to experience a little bit of Cedarbrook. If you’d like to host a camp night, contact Rory at email@example.com.
- Post an online review. Google and Camp Ratingz both host reviews of camps.
- Continue to give by becoming a recurring donor. The Cedarbrook Challenge’s goal is to get 50 new recurring donors to the Next Generation Fund by the end of this fiscal year. We have already been joined by several new people, but we need more. A simple $20 a month donation does wonders!
- Help us become a bigger online presence. It’s easy to become lost in the sea of camps, but you can follow us on our blog, Facebook page, Twitter feed, Youtube channel, and Instagram.
- Volunteer at camp! We are always looking for volunteers who can’t stay for the whole summer but are willing to help out for the week. Work Weekends are also a great opportunity for you, your family, your girls’ club, or your youth group to help out!
- Volunteer on the off-season! Have a skill that you think can help camp? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- And please always pray for us as we continue to grow great godly women!
What do you want to see happen at camp? Tell us in the comments!